Design Cover Sheet
Title of Design
Learning Pathway Design
Dates of Design
January 2011 – January 2013 (Ongoing design)Intensive design periods: January 2011, August 2011
The Action Learning Pathway sets out what you hope to achieve during your time as adiploma apprentice. It is a statement of intent, a planning tool, as much as an opportunity tocreatively re-asses where you are going with your life. The aim is to review it regularly,adapt it to your changing needs where necessary, but most importantly to use it as a tool tomake your time more constructive.
How this design meets the Assessment Criteria:Demonstrating Design Skills
Overview of Design Process
To complete this design I used the framework below:
– a specific statement of what I hope to achieve.
– which is basically a way of categorizing my interests in acoherent way that flows withDavid Holmgren’s work .
Theory in Action/Permaculture Lifestyle
– this how I can implement thisgoal on a personal level, so that I am really ‘walking the talk’ to so speak.
Learning & Skill development opportunities
– This is how I can learn theskills to achieve my goal, via courses, reading etc.
Design Practice Opportunities/Potential Projects
– how I can put thelearning into action
– how can I share my experience of achieving or working towardsthis goal with others
- how can I apply it to my community
- can it contribute to the permaculture community in some way?
Evaluations & Costings
– is there an opportunity to measure its effect or usemy outcomes towards further research
– when am I aiming to achieve this goal by, setting a date makesit a measurable goal.My learning pathway however was re-designed further when I began my BSc IntegrativeEcosocial Design with Gaia University, where I undertook a Learning Intentions & PathwayDesign. The design process included:
Survey: completing a life & career review, surveying my areas of interest, currentand skill flexes.
Analysis & Design: Exploring how these skill flexes could be gained and designing‘output packets’ and projects that could support me to meet these learning needs.This was also designed into a pathway plan with logistics & SMART targets.You can read my Learning Intentions & Pathway Design here:http://portfolios.gaiauniversity.org/view/view.php?id=549