SITE SURVEY SUMMARY SHEETFORDERP-FUDS SITE NO. J09CA099600
This site was formerly know as West Auxiliary Field No. 5 Military Reservation.
The site is located in Fresno County, approximately 22 miles southwest of Lemoore, California (Figure 1 and Figure 2).
The United States acquired 522.32 acres by Declaration of Taking sometimefollowing 08 September 1942. The site was used by the Army as an auxiliary field. There are norecords of improvements to
the site by the Army. On 20 September 1946, the War AssetsAdministration, assumed accountability for the 522.32-acres site. The site is presently owned byClear Creek Farms, Willow Springs Farms Inc., Everette & Evelyn Rank, and Jordan &Geraldine Telford.
On 22 September 1992, Lisa Valdez and Jim Corbett of Radian Corporationvisited the site. The site consists of three parcels which are presently planted in Almond trees. The orchard is managed by Westside Heritage, Inc., a custom farm management company. Therewas no visible evidence of any structures, USTs, or former DOD activities at the site.
CATEGORY OF HAZARDS:
AVAILABLE STUDIES AND REPORTS:
Larry M. Bergmooser, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Sacramento District (916) 557-7671.