- A particle moves from A to B, without changing direction with constant speed v
and then moves fromB to A with constant sped v
without changing direction. In this total motion, what is average speed?
- Let x(t) ,the position coordinate of a particle moving on a line , at time t is changing with time asx(t) = -24 + 8 t + 2 t
, where x (t) is in meters and t is in seconds, then(i) at what time t, the particle crosses the origin ?(ii) find the displacement in first second of motion.(iii)find average velocity in time interval t = 1 to t = 3 seconds.
- Let x(t) , the position coordinate of a particle moving on a line , at time t is -24 + 8 t - t
, where x(t) is in meters and t is in seconds, then(i) at what time ( or times ) the particle will be seen at the origin ?(ii) at what time the particle will reach at same position where it was at time t =0?(iii) if at two instants of time t =t
and t = t
, the particle is found at same position then what could be thepossible relation between t
- Let x(t) be the position coordinate of a particle moving on a line , at time t . For few particles theexpression of x (t) is given as following:(i) x (t) = 5 + 10 t (ii) x (t) = - 5 + 6 t (iii) x (t) = 8 t (iv) x (t) = 5 - 10 t(v) x (t) = - 10 t (vi) x (t) = 5 (vii) x (t) = 5 + 10 t – t
(viii) x (t) = 10 t
(ix) x (t) = 2 /( t + 5)
From above details of motion, select the situations where following conditions are satisfied:
(a) uniform motion (b) non uniform motion(c) rest condition (d) initial position is coinciding with origin
- Let there be three particles A , B and C moving
on the x- axis. Some features of the motionsof A, B and C are described. Using these, form the expression of x (t) for each particle:A : initially i.e, at time t =0, x = -20 m and velocity is 4 ms
in positive x- directionB: initially i.e at t =0, x = 10 m and velocity is 2 ms
in negative direction.C: at times t = 1s, x = 6 m, and at time t = 3 s, x = 16 m.
- Two particles A and B are situated initially at x = -30 and x =20 m respectively. The particle A canmove with uniform speed 6 ms
and B can move with uniform speed 4 ms
. If both A and B started tomove from time t =0, when and where A and B will meet in following conditions:(i) both A and B moves in positive x –direction(ii) A moves in positive x –direction but B moves in negative x – direction.
- The position (x) – time (t) graph fro the particles P and Qare shown in the fig.(i) Which of P and Q is at rest ? (ii) Which of P and Q is moving uniformly ?(iii) Who is nearest to the origin initially? (iv) What is the velocity of P ?(iv) Write down the expression of x (t) for P?(v) What is the separation between P and Q at time t= 3 ?
- Draw the x(t) – t graph for the motions described by Q 4 (i), 4(iii) , 4 (iv) and 4 (v).
-Position x(t) –time (t) equations in a straight line motion for some particles are given asfollowing :(i)x (t) = 5 + 4 t (ii) x (t) = 5 + 4 t + t
(iii) x (t) = 4 t(iv) x (t) = 5 (v) x (t) = 4 t – 2 t
(vi) x (t) = 5 + 4 t + t
Which of these corresponds to(a) uniform motion i.e. motion with constant velocity (b) rest condition(c) uniformly accelerated motion (d) non uniformly accelerated motionX(t)
Four particles A, B
, C and D
are moving on the x- axis. Their characteristics of each motion is described asfollowing :Particle
is moving in positive x- direction with constantvelocity; time
is moving in positive x- direction with increasing speed;Particle
is moving in the positive x –direction with decreasing speed ;
/ PHYSICS /