12. Med shot, Somali Police Force officer searching a suspect during the simulation
13. Close up, of Somali Police Force officer cuffing the suspect and taking him awayfor questioning
14. Wide shot Somali Police Force officers moving out of the raid area
15. SOUNDBITE (English) Dr. Benjamin Agordzo, AMISOM Police Head of Training:
“The important thing is not the training for the Somali Police, the important thing is
equipment. We have over one thousand people here, and i can tell you there readyto go out and keep order in Mogadishu and other places. But the don't have thebasic equipment, the rifles are not there and other equipment for public order. Theydon't even have a single shield. Batons and other things are not there, and so maybethis is the right time for the international community to come to their aid providingthem with the basic equipment, to be able to move out. Because their continued
stay here does not help.”
16. Wide shot Somali Police Force marching after completing the demonstrations
17. Close up shot Somali Police Force marching after completing the demonstrations
The African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) formally closed a two weekspecialized top-up training course for the Somali Police Force (SPF) in Public Order
Management at General Kahiye Academy in the country’s capital Mogadishu.
The 1071 men and women of the SPF successfully finished the course which wasconducted by AMISOM Police Trainers. The training included Rescue Operations anddealing with kidnappings, VIP protection exercise, riot and crowd control,handcuffing and the use of tear gas.
The acquired training will help fill a key gap in the Somali Police Force capabilities,
after years of civil war and armed conflict, while at the same time increase the SPF’s
ability to enforce the rule of law and protect the communities they serve.
General Ahmed Dayil Ahmed, the commander of the General Kahiye PoliceAcademy, had this to say on the training exercise.
As you can see here the specialdetachment of policeof Federal Republic of Somaliaarranged to take part in the stabilization process of Mogadishu city; this is the firstbatch who complete their training successfully