7. A 23 year-old single client is in the 33rd week of her first pregnancy. She tells thenurse that she has everything ready for the baby and has made plans for the firstweeks together at home. Which normal emotional reaction does the nurserecognize?
A) Acceptance of the pregnancyB) Focus on fetal developmentC) Anticipation of the birthD) Ambivalence about pregnancy
8. Upon examining the mouth of a 3 year-old child, the nurse discovers that the teethhave
chalky white-to-yellowish staining with pitting of the enamel. Which of thefollowing
conditions would most likely explain these findings?
A) Ingestion of tetracyclineB) Excessive fluoride intakeC) Oral iron therapyD) Poor dental hygiene
9. Which of the following should the nurse teach the client to avoid when takingchlorpromazine HCL (Thorazine)?
A) Direct sunlightB) Foods containing tyramineC) Foods fermented with yeastD) Canned citrus fruit drinks
10. The nurse is discussing dietary intake with an adolescent who has acne. Themost appropriate statement for the nurse is
A) "Eat a balanced diet for your age."B) "Increase your intake of protein and Vitamin A."C) "Decrease fatty foods from your diet."D) "Do not use caffeine in any form, including chocolate."
11. The nurse is caring for a child who has just returned from surgery following atonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. Which action by the nurse is appropriate?
A) Offer ice cream every 2 hoursB) Place the child in a supine positionC) Allow the child to drink through a strawD) Observe swallowing patterns
12. The nurse is caring for a client with acute pancreatitis. After pain management,which intervention should be included in the plan of care?
A) Cough and deep breathe every 2 hoursB) Place the client in contact isolationC) Provide a diet high in proteinD) Institute seizure precautions
13. The nurse is caring for a client with trigeminal neuralgia (tic douloureaux). Toassist the client with nutrition needs, the nurse should