FORDERP-FUDS SITE NO. J08UT0020HILL MILITARY AIR FIELDOGDEN, UTAH
The site was most recently known as Hill Air Force Base. Prior to that thesite was known as Hill Military Air Field. The site consists of three individual properties thatare peripheral to the main portion of the Air Force Base, which is still an active facility.These properties will be discussed as Parcels 1, 2, and
Parcel 1 is currently known as theWeber Basin Job Corps Center and is owned by the Department of Interior, Bureau ofReclamation and the Department of Labor. Parcel 2 is also owned by the Department ofInterior, Bureau of Reclamation. Parcel 3 is owned by the City of Riverdale and is used as areservoir.
Hill Air Force Base (AFB) is located approximately 10 miles south of Ogden,
Utah in Davis and Weber Counties. The Base is 25 miles north of Salt Lake City along 1-15and is situated along the foothills of the Wasatch Range. The center of the Air Force Base isat approximately 11 o 59' longitude and 41" 6' latitude.a. Parcel 1 which contains 771.49 acres, is located south of Interstate 84 and east ofHighway
(CEO660). The property is located in Section 31, Township 5 North, Range
East, and Section 36, Township
West, in Davis County. Parcel 1 is locatedon Davis County Assessor Maps 13-039 and 13-040 (CR0003, CR0004). The eastern portionof this property is undeveloped and is not included on any of the Assessor Maps.b. Parcel 2 is located at the extreme eastern tip of Hill Air Force Base in Section 34,Township 5 North, Range 1 West in Davis County and consists of 1.65 acres. This property isa portion of Parcel 5 on Davis County Assessor Map 13-03
(CR02 16).c. Parcel 3 is located in Weber County along the Dav&Weber
consists of 0.46 acres, more or less, and is a portion of the Aast uarter of Section 13,
Township 5 North, Range
West (CE0660). Parcel 3 is located on Weber County AssessorMap Book 9, Page 140 (CR0215).
Hill Field was activated on November 7, 1940 and was operated by OgdenAir Depot as a maintenance and supply depot, Four 7,500-foot runways were completed inSeptember 1941 and by 1943 construction of the base was nearly complete. Aircrafimaintenance and depot supply began in mid-1441 and overhaul of B-17s in April 1942; in
1943 a B-24 assembly line was opened. Hill Field was renamed Hill Air Force Baseon February 5, 1948. In 1957, a new 13,500-foot runway was completed
a. Parcel 1 was acquired from the Department of the Army by transfer from OgdenOrdnance Plant by letter. dated September 1, 1955. The transfer was effective April 1, 1955(CE0657). This property was reported excess to GSA
November 17, 1970