INFRARED NATURAL GAS HEATER
1.This appliance is only for use with thetype of gas indicated on the rating plate.This appliance is not convertible for usewith other gases.2.If you smell gas•Shut off gas supply.•Do not try to light any appliance.•Do not touch any electrical switch; donot use any phone in your building.•Immediately call your gas supplierfrom a neighbor’s phone. Follow thegas supplier’s instructions.•If you cannot reach your gas supplier,call the fire department
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:
Early signsof carbon monoxide poisoning resemble theflu, with headaches, dizziness, or nausea. If you have these signs, the heater may not beworking properly.
Get fresh air at once!
Have heater serviced. Some people are moreaffected by carbon monoxide than others.These include pregnant women, personswith heart or lung disease or anemia, thoseunder the influence of alcohol, and those athigh altitudes.
Natural gas is odorless. Anodor-making agent is added to natural gas.The odor helps you detect a natural gas leak.However, the odor added to natural gas canfade. Natural gas may be present even thoughno odor exists.Make certain you read and understand allwarnings. Keep this manual for reference. Itis your guide to safe and proper operation of this heater.
IMPORTANT: Read this owner’smanual carefully and completelybefore trying to assemble, oper-ate, or service this heater. Im-proper use of this heater can causeserious injury or death from burns,fire, explosion, electrical shock,and carbon monoxide poisoning.
3.This heater shall not be installed in abedroom or bathroom.4.Always run non-thermostat heater withplaque control knob in a locked position.Never set control knob between lockedpositions. Poor combustion and higherlevels of carbon monoxide may result.5.This heater needs fresh, outside air ven-tilation to run properly. This heater hasan Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS)safety shutoff system. The ODS shutsdown the heater if not enough fresh airis available. See
Fresh Air for Combus-tion and Ventilation,
pages 4 through 6.6.Keep all air openings in front and bot-tom of heater clear and free of debris.This will insure enough air for propercombustion.7.If heater shuts off, do not relight untilyou provide fresh, outside air. If heaterkeeps shutting off, have it serviced.8.Do not run heater•where flammable liquids or vaporsare used or stored•under dusty conditions9.Before using furniture polish, wax, car-pet cleaner, or similar products, turnheater off. If heated, the vapors fromthese products may create a white pow-der residue within burner box or onadjacent walls or furniture.10.Do not use heater if any part has beenunder water. Immediately call a quali-fied service technician to inspect theroom heater and to replace any part of the control system and any gas controlwhich has been under water.11.Turn off and unplug heater and let coolbefore servicing. Only a qualified ser-vice person should service and repairheater.12. Operating heater above elevations of 4,500 feet could cause pilot outage.
DANGER: Carbon monoxidepoisoning may lead to death!WARNING: Any change to thisheater or its controls can bedangerous.Do not place clothing or otherflammable material on or nearthe appliance. Never place anyobjects on the heater.Surface of heater becomes veryhot when running heater. Keepchildren and adults away fromhot surface to avoid burns orclothing ignition. Heater will re-main hot for a time after shut-down. Allow surface to cool be-fore touching.Carefully supervise young chil-dren when they are in the sameroom with heater.Make sure grill guard is in placebefore running heater.Keep the appliance area clear andfree from combustible materials,gasoline, and other flammablevapors and liquids.Due to high temperatures, theappliance should be located outof traffic and away from furnitureand draperies.WARNING: Do not use anyaccessory not approved for usewith this heater.