5. In the energy pyramid, which organisms occupy the base?
C. First order consumers
6. One approach to lessen vehicular air pollution is:
A. remove twenty or more year old vehicles in the street
B. ban diesel using cars on the highway
C. ask pedestrians to use bicycles
D. utilizing the MRT and LRT
7. The theory on the effective use of cellular phones is credited to _______?
8. Empty bottles and cases of pesticides must be disposed of properly. This is done thisway:
A. burying containers in deep pits
B. washing with soap suds
C. burning in a pit
D. breaking the bottles in waste boxes
9. Environmentalists believe that___________.
A. opening dumping sites will solve waste disposal best.
B. burying plastic will ease clogging of water canals.
C. classifying garbage identify biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste
D. burning garbage is the safest approach.
10. Famine in Africa found very malnourished children. Several had poor teeth and sight.This is a sign of ___________________.
A. deficiency in Vitamin A and D
B. deficiency in protein
C. deficiency in Vitamin B
D. deficiency in iron
11. If something gets a positive electric charge, then follows that something else__________.
A. become magnetized
B. becomes equally negatively charged
C. becomes equally positively charged
D. becomes negatively charged, but not necessarily equally negatively charged
12. A lunar eclipse occurs when the ____________.