There was a problem sending you an sms. Check your phone number or try again later.
We've sent a link to the Scribd app. If you didn't receive it, try again.
People, Change and Management
Past Year Exam Questions
By Chew Yang
- Give a brief explanation on what are various the management theories
- Analyst how the theories are developed and what\u2019s their primary aim.
- Give my view on whether I support the above statement.
- Give my arguments on why I support/not support this statement with examples.
Taylorism and Fordism (Scientific Management)
- Assembly line work flow
- Work organization is based on large, mainly volumes
- Standardized product is built in massive volume
- Specific measure for monitoring worker productivity based on scientific calculation
- Tight control of the labour process is provided by systems of work measurement.
- Objective is to streamline production process and emphasis on Efficiency of
- Strict rules to government work flow.
- Top down management.
- A division of labour which assigns specific tasks to sub-tasks to sub-units and
duties and responsibilities carefully set up.
- Hierarchy, provide clear lines of command. Many levels providing a highly
differentiated structure of authority.
- Objective is to established a clearly defined reporting structure, formal and sometimes
Now bringing you back...
Does that email address look wrong? Try again with a different email.