A. DISCHARGE PLAN
Clients with Acute Gastroenteritis are instructed totake the following plan for discharge:
- Medications should be taken regularly as prescribed,on exact dosage, time, & frequency, making sure thatthe purpose of medications is fully disclosed by thehealth care provider.
- Exercise should be promoted in a way by stretchinghand and feet every morning. Encourage the patientto keep active to adhere to exercise program and toremain as self –sufficient as possible.
- Treatment after discharge is expected for patients andwatcher with Acute Gastroenteritis to fully participatein continuous treatment.
- Health teachings regarding the importance of properhygiene and handwashing, food and waterpreparation, intake of adequate vitamins especiallyvitamin C-rich foods to strengthen the immuneresponse and increasing of oral fluid intake should beconveyed.
- OPD such as regular follow-up check-ups should begreatly encouraged to clients with AcuteGastroenteritis as ordered by physician to ensure thecontinuing management and treatment.