This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
www.BharatNewsPortal.blogspot.com , www.IBPSExamination.blogspot.com
Current affairs 2012 for All Competitive exams | Current Affairs May 2012 quiz | gk questions | current affairs for civil services|General knowledge| IBPS | SBI | Bank po|RRB|SSC|State PSC|MBA Entrence|Railway exams. So enjoy reading… 1. Who won her first World Cup individual recurve gold medal in Archery?
Deepika Kumari 2. Who took over as 28th chief secretary of Madhya Pradesh succeeding Avani Vaish? R.Parasuram 3. Which state's Chief Minister has demanded law to deal with cases of discrimination against northeastern students? Meghalaya CM Mukul Sangma 4. ISRO recently gave clearance for using which frequency band from satellite for internet on trains? KU band
5. Which company bagged the contract for deploying Bharti Airtel's 4G network in Karnataka? Huawei 6. Who became the first cricketer to hit 5 consecutive T20 fifties? Virender Sehwag 7. Who won the award in the best Actress category at the London Asian Film Festival (LAFF) 2012 for her film 'Bol'? Humaima Malick 8. Which type of SIM cards are Switzerland based Geo Communications AG, launching in India? International Mobile Subscriber Identity(IMSI) SIM cards which will allow multiple mobile numbers from different operators on a single SIM card 9. To help clear cane arrears of over Rs.10,000 crore which commodities exports has been let free by Government of India recently? Sugar 10. Which industry in India will celebrate 100 years of its existence in May 2013? Indian Film Industry (May 3rd 1913 to May 3rd 2013) 11. When is Facebook (IPO) set to go public? May 18th 2012 12. When will the phased Basel III capital regulation in India be implemented as per RBI guidelines? January 1st, 2013 (to be fully implemented by March 31st, 2018) 13. Name the multifaceted personality (a poet, an author or a painter) whose 150th birth anniversary would be celebrated on May 8th 2012. Rabindranath Tagore 14. Which sport in Goa will benefit from the Government's decision as it will be declared state sport? Football 15. Where in India Archeological Survey of India is planning gallery on Harappan civilization? Vadodara, Gujarat 16. Where in India the 49th Raising Day of the Central Command was celebrated on 3rd May 2012? Cantonment, Lucknow 17. Where in Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (Tidco) is planning to establish aerospace park? Chennai
18. Where in Coimbatore, Government has planned to setup cold storage facility for tomatoes? Kinnathukkadavu 19. Which German sportswear maker has planned to shut down 1/3rd of its 900 Reebok stores in India? Adidas 20. Which Kolhapur-based bank is looking at an IPO in 2 years? Ratnakar bank 21. Which resource in nuclear reactors will be used for power generation as the Government has decided to start construction of 300MW reactor by 2016-17? Thorium 22. As Indian Parliament holds special sitting on Sunday to celebrate 60th anniversary, when was India's first Parliament session held? May 13th, 1952 23. Which country slapped a fine of $80,000 fine on Air India recently? US Transportation Department 24. Which Finance company recently deferred its Rs.1,665 crore IPO, which opened on May 2nd 2012? Samvardhana Motherson 25. Name the firm which is planning to build mud cottages in Gir area of Junagadh district. Swati Infratech Pvt. Ltd. 26. In which glacier have geologists discovered hot water from geothermal sources which is nearly 15 degrees arm in plunging -40 degree Celsius weather? Siachen 27. Name the Indian who became first Asian-origin UK councilor. Philip Abraham 28. Name the 'Big Bang' scientist whom France jailed for terror plot. Adlene Hicheur 29. What value of fund will Asian Development Bank provide to India for 2012-2014 for the development of various projects? $6.25 billion 30. Name the West Indian cricketer who has set an eye on bollywood after IPL. Chris Gayle 31. Who is elected as Chair of the ADB's Board of Governors? Pranab Mukherjee
32. Which country will host the 46th annual meeting of the Asian Development Bank in 2013? India in New Delhi 33. Name the Indian-origin doctor who won the London Assembly (Ealing and Hillingdon) seat?
Dr.Onkar Singh Sahota 34. Who is elected as President of France? Francois Hollande 35. Which mobile operator is the biggest gainer of mobile number portability (MPN) service in India? Idea Cellular 36. Which 2 Indian women won the 16th Asian Team Squash Championship? Joshna Chinnappa and Dipika Pallikal 37. Name the US secretary who is India on a 3-day visit asking to reduce oil imports from Iran on the agenda. Hillary Clinton 38. Which series of bollywood actor's TV debut got a thumbs up from the Hindi film industry? Satyamev Jayate 40. Which popular comic is featuring members of Delhi Daredevils players like Virender Sehwag, Irfan Pathan and Kevin Pietersen? Chacha Chaudhary in Sabu new comic series 41. Who was sworn in as Russian president for 2nd time? Vladimir Putin 42. Who won the silver medal at the 3rd International 'Republic of Kazakhstan President's Cup' held in Almaty, kazakhstan? Devendro Singh
43. Name the hockey player who died after being hit in the head by the ball during a game in Perth recently. Elizabeth Watkins 44. Which movie team is set to open 4-day Children's Film Festival to be held in Goa from May 11th 2012? Gattu 45. Which state's first marine training institute will be operational from August 2012? Gujarat 46. Which state of Jaipur will host first edition of 3-day Fashion Week from May 24th 2012? Rajasthan 47. After completing a year post acquisition of Patni Computer which company dropped Patni from its brand name? iGate Corporation 48. India's Finance minister recently scrapped a 'draconian' clause under which law? Customs law 49. Red Hat recently setup its R&D centres in which locality outside North America? Pune and Bangalore in India 50. Which PSU acquired 51% stake in Bharti Axa Mutual Fund? Bank of India 51. Who created national record by winning silver medal at the Altius Track Crew Threwdown meet in maui Island, Hawaii? Krishna Poonia 52. Who is appointed as Russian Prime Minister? Dmitry Medvedev 53. Name the aircraft carrier and nuclear submarine India is set to get in 2013. Admiral Gorshkov and INS Arihant 54. What was rolled back on realty as excise on gold jewellery? Tax Deducted at Source 55. Where in London a centre dedicated to the life and work of Rabindranath Tagore has been launched? Edinburgh 56. Name the former chairman of ICICI bank and billionaire investor who are re-appointed to the Arcelor Mittal board? N.Vaghul and Wilbur Ross 57. When was the World Red Cross day celebrated? May 8th
58. Which street is renamed after Roger Federer in Germany? Weststrasse renamed as Roger-Federer-Allee 59. Which cricketer is likely to make an appearance in filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra's 'Ferrari Ki Sawari'? Sachin Tendulkar 60. Lahore based Ajoka has planned for 4-day theatre festival to pay tribute to which birth centenarian as on May 2012? Saadat Hassan Manto 61. NSG base will be setup in which part of India? Gujarat Which Oscar-winning musician has been conferred with his first American Honorary Doctorate by the Miami University? A.R.Rahman 62. Name the Russian plane which went missing on a demonstration over Indonesia in the area of Mount Salak recently. Sukhoi Superjet 100 63. Name the former Ukraine Prime Minister who ended her 20-day hunger strike after claiming that her guards handled her roughly while in prison. Yulia Tymoshenko 64. Which sector is likely to get electronic development fund to promote its R&D activities? Information Development sector 65. Denominations above what value should now be machine processed for authenticity by bank branches as per RBI notification? Rs.100 and above 66. Which singer is awarded America's highest civilian honour "The Medal of Freedom"? Bob Dylan 67. Who won the Google Photography Prize 2012? Viktor Johansson (A Swedish Student) 68. What is the name of the Carrie Underwood's album released on May 1st 2012? Blown away 69. Which singers were awarded 2012's Sweden highest music honour "The Polar Music Prize"? Paul Simon and Yo-Yo Ma 70.Which bollywood actor is starring in the Hollywood movie "The Amazing Spider-man"? Irrfan Khan 71. Name the bill passed by Rajya Sabha in India to protect children against sexual abuse. Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Bill
72. Name the bill approved by the Union Cabinet in India to regulate the micro finance industry and bring the micro lenders under the purview of RBI. Micro Finance Sector Development and Regulation Bill, 2011 73. Which city in India leads household penetration of the internet as per Census 2011? Gurgaon 74. Which sporting tournament will be held in Orissa from 11th May to 28th May 2012? 66th National Football Championship for Santosh Trophy 2012 75. How many districts of the border state of Punjab will get clusters of food processing industry post United Nation's Industrial Development Organisation's survey? 2 districts 76. AICTE has allowed private engineering colleges to run dual degree programme for bachelor of engineering and master of technology courses in which state recently? Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 77. In which year MotoGP set to make its debut in India? 2013 78. WHO in its 'International Travel and Health Bulletin 2012' issued a malaria alert to which country recently? India 79. Which society in Goa is organising children's film festival from May 11th to 13th 2012 at Maquinez Palace, Panaji? Entertainment Society of Goa 80. Which state in India has made ID proof mandatory for pregnant women who undergo ultrasound? Haryana 81. WHO has urged which country to act on Palestinian hunger-strike? Israel 82. Which state announced 500MW gas-fired power plant in its budget session recently? Tamil Nadu 83. Who has been named EPL manager of the year? Alan Pardew 84. Which country recently honoured over 150 peacekeepers? Haiti 85. Which football sporting event will India bid to host at the FIFA Congress in Budapest scheduled for May 24th and 25th 2012? Under-17 World Cup in 2017 86. Punjab has recently achieved a record wheat crop produce of what value? 120 lakh tones
87. Which 3 northeastern Indian states will have its own high courts? Tripura, Manipur and Meghalaya 88. Jammu and Kashmir Government will set up Development and Management Authority to promote which sport in the state? Golf 89. Where in Kozhikode UL Cyber Park with Special Economic Zone status is built? Malabar 90. Which airline will become first to provide in-flight mobile access in UK? Virgin Atlantic 91. Which country has BCCI allowed to play in Champions League T20 in India? Pakistan 92. Which country's president visited India recently? Maldivian President, Mohammed Waheed 93. Where and at what cost was The Arcelor Mittal Orbit has been built? London, amounting to 22.7million pounds 94. Name the Indian American who has been named as Chancellor of California. Pradeep Khosla 95. Where in India "Veer Bharat Premises", a unique museum dedicated to Indian heroes will be setup? Bhopal 96. Name the Venezuelan who won his maiden Formula One Spanish Grand Prix 2012. Pastor Maldonado 97. Who won the woman single's Madrid Masters title 2012? Serena Williams 98. Who won the men single's Madrid Masters title 2012? Roger Federer 99. Name the companies that Nigeria's telecom authority fined a total of 7.3 million dollars for providing poor services to customers. Bharti Airtel, MTN, Etisalat and Globacom 100. Which bank has is ranked 2nd most profitable public sector bank in terms of annual profit for the fiscal year ended March, 2012? Bank of Baroda 101. Who has been appointed as TRAI chairman for a 3 year term?
Rahul Khullar 102. Where in India first 2MW solar power plant started functioning? Uttar Pradesh 103. Where was the British World War II fighter plan found recently? Egypt desert 104. Which 3 countries have warned North Korea on further Nuclear tests? China, Japan and South Korea 105. Who will temporarily replace Yahoo Chief Executive Scott Thompson? Ross Levinsohn 106. Which 3 India's bank and Insurance Company did Credit ratings agency Moody's downgrade recently? ICICI bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and Life Insurance Corporation 107. Which automobile maker is planning Rs.1,500 crore plant in Tamil Nadu? Yamaha 108. Which Chennai-based hospital became the first in India to receive the 'halal' certification from the Halal Development Authority? Global Health City 109. Which company signed a deed with the National Apprenticeship Scheme of Britain to impart software skills training for about 100 youths in Britain? Infosys 110. What is the theme of World Economic Forum which is to be held in India between 6th and 8th November 2012? From Deliberation to Transformation
111. Name the Indian who became the youngest to win Asian Chess Championship. Primarjan Negi 112. Which Asian country was invited by NATO to Chicago summit 2nd day of which will focus on Afghanistan? Pakistan 113. Name the child actor who acted in movie 'Paa' died in the Nepal plane crash recently. Taruni Sachdev 114. Name the mass segment vehicle launched by Honda targeting Indian market. Dream Yuga 115. Who won the top player in the English Premier League's history? Ryan Giggs 116. Who won the top manager award for the past 20 years in EPL? Alex Ferguson 117. Which 3 North Eastern states will have planetarium by 2013? Nagaland, Manipur and Jorhat in Assam 118. Which state will introduce a bill to protect heritage buildings which are not protected by the Archaeological Survey of India or the state archeological department? Tamil Nadu (Tamil Nadu Heritage Commission Bill 2012) 119. Which country's President has been fined $17,000 by its electoral authorities for urging his Facebook followers on polling day to vote for him? Taiwan (President Ma Ying-jeou) 120. In which Junior Asia Cup tournament did India bag Bronze medal recently? Hockey 121. Who will help bring the Olympic flame to Britain along with 5 young Britons as a formal handover ceremony in Athens, London 2012 on 18th May 2012? David Beckham 122. Which company is planning to open 'Motherwood Maternity', 'A pea in the Pod' and 'Destination Maternity' brands in India? Mahindra Retail 123. Where in India the first store of 'Destination Maternity' is opened by Mahindra Retail? Gurgaon 124. Which town in Odisha touched 45 degree Celsius on 16th May 2012? Sambalpur, Hirakud, Titilagarh, Jharsuguda and Sonepur 125. Which company was allowed by Indian cabinet to sign a gas purchase agreement with Turkmenistan national oil firm? GAIL India Ltd.
126. Bharti Airtel tied-up for mobile banking services with which bank recently? Axis Bank 127. Nomura downgraded which company from 'buy' to 'reduce'? Larsen and Toubro 128. Nomura downgraded which company from 'buy' to 'neutral'? Ashok Leyland 129. What did Rajya Sabha approve in the Copyright Amendment Bill seeking to remove operational difficulties? Address newer issues related to the digital world and worldwide web 130. Demand for which language in the 8th Schedule of Indian constitution could be accepted soon? Bhojpuri 131. Expand LAAR Bill. Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill 132. Name the Grammy-winning, nicknamed the Queen of Disco who passed away after a battle with cancer. Donna Summer 133. What value of swap facility has RBI set up for SAARC nations? $2 billion 134. At what value did Facebook IPO open at Nasdaq? $42.05 135. Who rang the opening bell remotely of Nasdaq as Facebook made its public debut on 18th May 2012? Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg 136. Name the NRI who became the first Lord Mayor of Leicester town in UK. Abdul Razak Osman 137. Name the Indian-American who was elected to Sugar Land City of Texas in US. Himesh Gandhi 138. Death due to which insect is an accident and is covered under accidental death insurance as per the North District Consumer Forum in India? Mosquito 139. Kerala investor meet was held as a part of build-up towards which event in September 2012? Emerging Kerala Conclave 140. Which rating agency has downgraded Greek banks ratings from B- to CCC? Fitch rating agency
141. How many Spanish banks debt ratings have been cut by Moody's, citing the effects of recession? 16 Spanish banks 142. Name the 73 year old Japanese oldest woman to scale Mt.Everest. Tamae Watanabe 143. Which Mobile E-commerce App was acquired by Facebook recently? Karma 144. What is the name of the new version of Android Operating System called? Android 5 "Jelly bean" 145. What is the name of new tool launched by yahoo for online advertisers for their data analytics? Genome 146. Who won the Football Champions League 2012 final match against Bayern Munich? Chelesa 147. Which state Government in the west of India completed 1 year at office? West Bengal 148. Which state Government in South India completed 1 year at office? Tamil Nadu 149. Which Indian state is now center of spiritual tourism? Gujarat 150. Cyber Defence Research Centre came into operation recently in which Indian state? Jharkhand 151. Name the 1st Bangladeshi woman who scaled Mt.Everest.
Nishat Majumder 152. Name the Indian origin British civil servant who was chosen as president of European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Suma Chakrabarti 153. Which country will become biggest IT consumer in Asia-Pacific surpassing Japan? China 154. Name the 12 years and 9 months old child prodigy from Bhojpur district in Bihar who created history by cracking IIT-JEE 2012. Satyam Kumar of Bakhorapur 155. Who won the French MotoGP 2012? Jorge Lorenzo 156. One-year of rural posting is made compulsory for which medical course in India? MMBS 157. Name the Indian player who won his first ever ATP Challenger singles title 2012. Yuki Bhambri 158. Name the asteroid which could come near to earth on 15 February 2013 leading to disruption of geosynchronous satellites. DA14 159. Name the 12 year old who has lectured at harvard and co-written a book in America. Blake Kernen 160. Name the card that would popularise after Chief General Manager D.V.Deshpande for NABARD urged commercial banks to promote it in Bihar. Kisan Credit Card 161. Name the former Prime Minister who's 21st death anniversary was observed in India on 21st May 2012. Rajiv Gandhi 162. Which browser over took Internet Explorer to become top browser in the world? Google Chrome 163. Which country is pressing for global internet governance to the UN committee? India
164. As per the Delhi Registration of Marriages Bill 2012, marriage registration is made compulsory in Delhi within how many days of tying the knot? 60 days. If exceeds, one has to pay a fine of Rs.10,000 165. Which Indian state with over 6 lakh unemployed youths could get an Information and Technology park? Jammu and Kashmir 166. Name the tower in Dubai, UAE which is 413.4 metres (1,356 feet) high and has 101 storeys, the world's tallest residential building. Princess Tower 167. Who won the men's Rome Masters 2012 for a record 6th time? Rafael Nadal 168. Which act was passed for Sikh organisations recently? Anand Marriage Act 169. What is the changed brand name of West Assam Milk Producer's Cooperative Union Ltd. (Wamul) milk in the market? Purabi Smart 170. Name one among the Bee Gees who died recently fighting against cancer. Robin Gibb 171. Which city in Rajasthan will be made smoking free? Jaipur 172. Expand ADaRSH. Association for Development and Research of Sustainable 173. Expand GRIHA. Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment 174. Name the former chief minister of Meghalaya who passed away recently. Flinder Anderson Khonglam 175. Which state Government in India announced a pension of Rs.1,000 per month post retirement and housing scheme for homeless journalists? Tripura 176. Name the deputy Prime Minister who quit from Nepal cabinet recently. Krishna Sitaula 177. Expand PAC. Public Accounts Committee 178. Name the Indian who became the first Prime Minister to visit Myanmar after 25 years. Dr.Manmohan Singh
179. Who won the 66th Santosh Trophy? Services against Tamil Nadu (3-2) 180. Which company has warned of internet blackout on July 9th 2012? Google 181. Which company has invested Rs.21,000 crore to setup railway wagon and component factory in West Bengal? SAIL 182. Name the tennis player who played his 50th Grand Slam tournament at the French Open 2012. Roger Federer 183. Who won the Monaco Grand Prix 2012? Mark Webber 184. Who won the Chennai Open 2012 at the Indian Squash Academy? Joshna Chinappa (6th title of her career) 185. Who won the Thomas Cup 2012 title? Lin Dan 186. Which countries recently signed 12 agreements, including a $500 million credit line, border area development and air services? India and Mayanmar 187. Where in India 3-day international student's film festival will be held from 1st June 2012? Kolkata 188. Which film of Raj Kapoor has been added to All-Time 100 list of the greatest films made since 1923 by Time magazine? Awaara 189. Who has been appointed as commerce secretary in India? S.R.Rao 190. Who has been appointed as director general of Jammu and Kashmir police? Ashok Prasad 191. Which football team has been identified as the world's most popular football club by a survey carried out by market research agency, Kantar? Manchester United 192. Expand SFIO. Serious Fraud Investigation Office 193. Which Northeast state got Software Technology Park recently? Tripura
194. Ritesh Idnani was Chief Operating Officer of which BPO company? Infosys
Best of Luck for your Preparation
Very Useful website for Civil Services Aspirants
www.UPSCexamsGuide.blogspot.com , www.BharatNewsPortal.blogspot.com
Email us:- Info@TheOnlineGK.tk
Follow us on Twitter: - www.twitter.com/TheOnlineGK
Follow us on Facebook:- www.Facebook.com/TheOnlineGK
Get Success in Competitive Exams
Visit www.AllCurrentAffairs.tk , www.InterviewQuiz.tk , www.AllExamsPaper.tk
Prepare yourself for Bank exams & Increase your GK and Current Affairs for Civil services.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.