This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
RANCANGAN PENGAJARAN DAN PEMBELAJARAN MINGGUAN Program Ijazah Sarjana Muda Perguruan (PISMP) dengan Kepujian 1 3 PROGRAM: ____________________________________________________________________________ SEMESTER: ______ TAHUN: ______ Earth and Space SCE3110 Kursus: __________________________________________________________________________________________ Kod: ____________ 3 (2 + 1) Kredit: ____________
Tajuk dan Kandungan Topic 1 Earth: • Earth as a planet • The atmosphere • Clouds • Air pressure
ISL (1 jam)
• Explain the evolution of the earth (1.1) • State the different layers of atmosphere (1.1) • Identify the different types of clouds and state their characteristics (1.1) • Explain global circulation of atmosphere due to pressure difference and coriolis effect (1.1) • Relate types of cloud to weather (6.3. 6.5) Describe the climate systems on earth (1.1)
Discuss the following topics: • Evolution of the earth • Earth as a planet
In groups of 4/5:
Discuss: (i) Why do we need to understand our Describe: planet? • The atmosphere (ii) Why is it • Cloud formation and necessary to different types of clouds predict the • Air pressure difference, wind weather? and global circulation of atmosphere Prepare a mind map and present your discussions (1 hour) (1 hour)
Overview of practicals and pedagogical content knowledge Information search for background of practicals and pedagogical content knowledge
Reading Chapter 1 Lutgens, F. K. & Tarbuck, E.J. (2006). Foundations of Earth Science. 11th Edition. New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall
6. Present in class. Describe the erosion effects of oceans on coastlines and ways to overcome them. Assign each group to study in detail about issues in climate changes facing the world today.prenhall.1.com/tar buck Discussion on practicals Find out the different and climates of the Earth from any issue that arise any resources and discuss their characteristics during tutorials Useful site: http://www. 2.SKEMA TLO Tajuk dan Kandungan Topic 2 In groups of 4/5: Earth: • • • • • Terrains Polar regions Deserts Rainforests Mountains Describe and discuss climate systems on Earth focussing on its implication to human beings.com/tar buck ISL (1 jam) Minggu Hasil Pembelajaran Kuliah Tutorial Amali Catatan 2 (1 hour) 3 Explain the following topics: Topic 3 • Oceans • Coastlines Earth: • The water cycle • Oceans • State the implications to • Streams human beings of different • Coastlines • Lakes climate systems (5.1) • Groundwater • Explain the water cycle with • Erosion related bodies of water (1. 2.1. 1.1) Science activities to meet learning Curriculum outcomes of PCK (1.5) ways to overcome erosion the Primary School • Research on effective especially of coastlines (1.4. Present in class. (1 hour) Discuss PCK 1 Activity 1 Investigating the Relationship between Wind and Wave Size Activity 2 Investigating the Relationship between Wave Speed and Water Depth (3 hours) 2 .3) (1 hour) In groups of 4/5: Assign each group to study in detail about issues in climate changes facing the world today. effects and • Draw inferences from the investigations in result of investigation (6. (2 hours) (2 hours) Find out the different climates of the Earth from any resources and discuss their characteristics during tutorials Useful site: http://www.3.1) • Practical • Explain the process. 3.prenhall. 184.108.40.206.5.2.2) • The water cycle • Groundwater • Present the issues in climate • Streams changes facing the world today • Erosion • Lakes (5. 2.
3) • Weather instrumentation .2. 1.3.1. 220.127.116.11. 2. (2 hours) 2. 5.wiley.1. Explain the basic principles measurements and and working of some weather Interpreting data instruments. 6.1.3) Design and plan observation of clouds using appropriate instruments (6.6. environments 5.1) • Seasons Explain the weather systems • Changes to earth’s climate discuss this issue in class PCK and practicals.2) Build assessment strategies for PCK (1. 2.4) Debate issues related to Explain the following topics: weather disasters and their • Weather disasters and effects on humans and effects on humans and environments (1. 6.3) Write rational for choosing activities in PCK (1.6.5) Obtain or compile a record of global temperature changes and relate the data to how it affects the earth.1) Interpret data given graphs and charts of changes in (1 hour) weather (18.104.22.168.1. 3. (1. Students are free to proceed with their practicals or conduct discussion in class Learn more about global climate change from the site: http://www.4. 5. 6.com/colleg e/blueplanet 5 Topic 5 Earth: • Weather disasters and effects on • humans and environments • Weather • instrumentation and measurements • Interpreting data • Explain three pieces of evidence that point to a possible change of climate within your lifetime (1 hour) (3 hours) 3 .1) • Monitoring earth’s climate Present research data on the • Weather systems and global issues related to the patterns greenhouse effect (5.SKEMA TLO Tajuk dan Kandungan Topic 4 Earth: • Seasons • Changes to earth’s climate • Monitoring earth’s climate • Greenhouse effect • Weather systems and global patterns • Practical investigations in the Primary School Science Curriculum • • • Minggu Hasil Pembelajaran Kuliah Tutorial Amali ISL (1 jam) Catatan 4 • • • Explain how seasons occur Explain the following topics: Conduct a research on PCK 2 Greenhouse effect and Report on the progress of (1.1. 6.2.5) Research on effective activities (2 hours) to meet learning outcomes of (1 hour) PCK (1. 2.5. 6. 22.214.171.124. 2. and global patterns (1. 2.1.
1. M.2. seismic activity. Differentiate between rocks and minerals State the three groups of rocks and explain the rock cycle. 6. Thomson. (2006) Foundations of Astronomy (Ninth Edition).1) Differentiate between rocks and minerals (1. (1 hour) Interpret data on occurrences of earthquakes and volcano eruptions. 6. plate boundaries.3.1) Identify rocks based on their characteristics (6.5) Explain briefly the history of geology. (2 hours) Discuss the theories for the changes in the earth structure over time and relate it with evidence found.4. 6.5) Explain the theory of Plate Tectonics (1.3. Rock Practical Reading Chapter 4 Seeds.SKEMA TLO Tajuk dan Kandungan Topic 6 Earth: • Geological time • Earth structure • Rocks and minerals • Tectonic plates • • Minggu Hasil Pembelajaran Kuliah Tutorial Amali ISL (1 jam) Catatan 6 Explain the geologic changes to earth(1. 6. State the different layers and characteristics of each layer of the earth.2.1) State the different layers and characteristics of each layer of the earth (1.4. 6. A. 6. 6.1) Explain the rock cycle (1.1) Identify rocks based on their characteristics (6.1. • • • • • (1 hour) (2 hours) 4 . volcanism and mountain building. Explain the Theory of Plate Tectonics. 6.
rotation and revolution of Star Patterns Differentiate between the earth at different magnitude and intensity of stars. latitudes. Appreciate the vastness of the universe. Aristotle. Plato. M. magnitudes and intensities of stars. (2 hours) (1 hour) (2 hours) Reading Chapter 1 and 2 Seeds.1.1. • • • • • • Realize how small earth is in relation to the vastness of the universe (1. 1. Explain altitude. (2 hours) Explain the theories of evolution of the universe. nebulae. • the Copernican explanation of retrograde motion. Thomson. azimuth.1. 5.1) • Explain Galileo’s observations and his arguments of a heliocentric universe (1.SKEMA TLO Tajuk dan Kandungan Topic 8 Space: • Historical development of astronomy • Prior beliefs • Ancient astronomers and development of astronomy • Relate the beliefs and arguments of astronomers through history (1.1 Using Star Chart to Define astronomical unit.1 Finding North Activity 1. Activity 2. 5. Thomson. Tycho.3 Explain the constellations from Star Movement different latitudes due to the rotation and revolution of the earth.1) State the history and characteristics of stars (1. the circumpolar constellations. • Nebulae • Stars • Constellations • White dwarfs and red giants • Black hole 5 . A. Minggu Hasil Pembelajaran Kuliah Tutorial Amali Catatan 8 Discuss practicals. (2006) Foundations of Astronomy (Ninth Edition). light Discuss the motion of the Locate Stars year. Activity 2.2) State the beliefs and arguments of astronomers through history: Ptolemy.1.5) Solve problems involving Discuss practicals. ISL (1 jam) Reading Chapter 4 Seeds. galaxy. black hole. Galileo. A.1) Describe the positions of objects in space using the different coordinate systems (1. stars and stars e. 5.1) Explain the constituents of the universe (1.1) Chart movement of stars with naked eye and relate the movement to theory (1.2 red giants . declination and right ascension. • how Galileo showed that the earth orbits the sun.2 Locating And Recording The Position Of Objects (2 hours) 9 Topic 9 Space: • Origin of the universe • Theories of evolution of the universe • Tour of the universe • Galaxies. white dwarfs and constellations due to the Activity 2.g. (1 hour) Discuss and write a summary on • how Erathosthenes calculate the radius of the Earth. Activity 1. (2006) Foundations of Astronomy (Ninth Edition).1) Define measurements used to measure distances in space (1. Gather information on the uses of Nernst equation. Copernicus. M. Kepler. Explain how Galileo change the way of understanding nature.
5) Define sun. (2006) Foundations of Astronomy (Ninth Edition). meteors and comets. meteors and comets (1. starry night etc). 6.SKEMA TLO Tajuk dan Kandungan Topic 10 Space: • Solar system • Observing and recording celestial changes • Practical investigations in the Primary School Science Curriculum • Explain the theories of the origin of the solar system (126.96.36.199) Build assessment strategies for PCK (1. 6.4) Explain the theories of the origin Discuss why Pluto is not of the solar system.1 Relative Size And Distance Of The Planets From The Sun (3 hours) Internet search Search for activities for PCK 3.3.4. 5. 2. Activity 3.3.1. Thomson. asteroids.3) • Write rational for choosing activities in PCK (1. principle of the binocular and telescope. pg 25 .28 Chapter 3. 6.1 • Solve problems involving the powers of a telescope (1. Describe the characteristics and Discuss the working motions of the planets. (1 hours) (1 hour) 6 .2. 2. A. Explain solar eclipse Discuss the effects on the seasons if • the earth had a significantly elliptical orbit • the earth is not tilted at 23.4. 1.2) • Explain solar eclipse (5.4 Using computer programs (earth-centred universe. 6. asteroids. Thomson ISL (1 jam) Minggu Hasil Pembelajaran Kuliah Tutorial Amali Catatan 10 11 Topic 11 Space: • Sun • Asteroids • Meteors • Comets • Movement of the sun relative to earth • Time • Define sun. Solve problems involving Calculate time differences due to time at different the rotation of the earth. longitudes. (2006) Foundations of Astronomy (Ninth Edition).5.3) • Calculate time differences due to the rotation of the earth (1. 2. 2.6. Internet Search Search for the criteria for a planet and reasons why Pluto is not considered a planet Reading Chapter 6 pg113 -122 Seeds. 3.1) • Describe how the tilt of the earth explains the ecliptic and its implication on the altitude of the sun at its zenith and seasons (5.4. Describe the various instruments used to observe and record Solve problems involving celestial changes.1.3. (1 hour) (1 hour) (3 hours) Activity 2.2.5° Discuss practicals and PCK 3. the powers of a telescope.1) • Describe the working principle of the binocular and telescope (1. considered as a planet.6.1) • Design and plan observation of sunrise using appropriate instruments (6. 2. M. Explain the ecliptic and its implication on the altitude of the sun at its zenith and seasons. Reading Chapter 2.1) • Describe the characteristics and motions of the planets (1. pg 45 -51 Seeds. A. M.2.1) • Research on effective activities to meet learning outcomes of PCK (1.
5. Reading Chapter 3 pg 37-44 Seeds. (1 hour) Activity 4.5) Explain why the moon goes through phases.3) • Explain the effects of the gravitational pool of the moon and sun on the ocean (1.1) • Explain lunar eclipse (5. Thomson.4.2 Simulation of lines of nodes and eclipse seasons.6.1) • Design and plan observation of the movement of the moon using appropriate instruments (6. Explain the cause of a lunar eclipse. A. Explain tides. (1 hour) Discuss • why only one side of the moon is visible on earth • why the moon is sometimes visible in the daytime.1 How Can a Small Moon Cover a Big Sun? Activity 4. 6. 6. • the positions of the moon relative to the sun and earth for different phases of the moon. (2006) Foundations of Astronomy (Ninth Edition).2.2.SKEMA TLO Tajuk dan Kandungan ISL (1 jam) Minggu Hasil Pembelajaran Kuliah Tutorial Amali Catatan 12 Mid-Semester Break 13 Practicum 14 Practicum 15 Practicum 16 Practicum 17 Topic 12 Space: • Moon cycles • Moon phases • Eclipses • Practical investigations in the Primary School Science Curriculum • Explain how the relative position of the moon to the earth and sun causes moon phases (1.3. (3 hours) 7 . 6. M.1.
1) • Planets and space • Differentiate between terrestrial exploration and gaseous planets (1. Activity 5.SKEMA TLO Tajuk dan Kandungan Topic 13 • Describe the conditions in space Space: related to space weather (1.1) • Space probes Compare the terrestrial and gaseous planets. Discuss questions that may arise from the practicals and PCK. Give examples of space probes and their missions.1 Model of the magnetosphere Revise previous lessons ISL (1 jam) Minggu Hasil Pembelajaran Kuliah Tutorial Amali Catatan 18 19 REVISION 20 REVISION 21 EXAMINATION 8 .1) • Terrestrial and • Describe the history of space gaseous planets missions (1. (1 hour) (2 hours) (2 hours) Discuss • how the earth’s magnetosphere protect earth and aurora. Describe the magnetosphere around the earth. • why Neptune is blue but its clouds white.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.