You are on page 1of 2

隔世情语 Whisper of Love from Another Age

刘亮程 Liu Liangcheng

多少年后我自己 就是一座村庄了 After many years, I became a remote village


几十幢空房子 为你 Idling decades away, without you,
腾空的几十年岁月 耸立荒野 In rows of vacant cottages.

一生中最穷困的那些年 Years of want, years of plenty, all went past.


最富裕的那些年 都过去了 Rivers flowed back to its head.
流水返回高处 风雨停歇 Storms finally came to a stop.
生命晚期的我 I, a lonely custodian
住在暮色已深的村西头 lived at the west end of the village
一个孤独的守望者 Lingering in the deepening twilight.
你的到来使我寂静一生中尘土又起 You, a colossal caravan
仿佛一个巨大商队 Raising clouds of dust in my quiet existence,
正经过我行将荒弃的一世 Passed through the end of my life

年轻时我梦想 As a young man I dreamed


在你柔美一生中种满麦子 Of planting wheat in your tender life,
我一个人的麦子 无边无际
一生中每一天我都提镰走向你 Every day I walked to you with a sickle in hand.
多少年来我拿起又放下 For many years, I picked it up and put it down,
多少大事 Just as so many other things.
就像一株草最后把开花的愿望枯回根部 A plant withered deep down to its root while
dreaming its last dream to bloom.

多少年后注定 After many years we shall meet in silence,


有一次无言相遇 Under the moonlight, in the open wilds.
荒野朝天 月光铺地 The eternal songs shall echo with our youth.
久远的歌声响起 青春回来 And you, petite and dainty
身体娇小的你 Resting in the furthest corner of my days
靠在我空茫一生的最后角落 Like a whisper of love from another age.
像一句隔世情语

多少年我珍藏的东西一一变质 一生和一生之间 相距百里千里


多少年荒草淹没世路 Over the years, everything I treasured went bad;
你去了哪里 我等来衰老的自己 Overgrown weeds smothered past tracks.
孤守家园 Where did you go? I waited and grew old
多少年岁月是一片 Biding my time in my isolated home.
无法逾越的苍茫地域 Over all these years, time has created a bleak vast,
离你很近时我会恍然觉出 One I dare not trespass.
我们各自在各自的一生里 When I came close to you, all of a sudden I realized
The distance between you and me, Ran hundreds and thousands of miles.
and our separated lives

而在我多少年的梦中 In my dreams of many and many a year,


你激情纷呈的岁月 Those passionate memories you once held dear
正向我涌卷而来 Like roaring surges they dashed towards me,
将我沧桑的一世覆盖 Overwhelming my village into a grey sea.

You might also like