PREPARED BY N.SENTHILNATHAN AND M.SURESH, KEC/EEE, PERUNDURAI Page 3
4. Power MOSFET is a voltage controlled device. Why?
Because the output (drain) current can be controlled by gate-source voltage
5. Power BJT is a current controlled device. Why?
Because the output (collector) current can be controlled by base current.
6. What is the relation between A and B?
B=A/(1-A) A=AlphaA=B/(1-B) B=Beta
7. What are the different types of power MOSFET?
a. N-channel MOSFETb. P-channel MOSFET
8. How can a thyristor turned off?
A thyristor can be turned off by making the current flowing through it to zero.
9. Define latching current?
The latching current is defined as the minimum value of anode current which it mustattain during turn on process to maintain conduction when gate signal is remove.