Impacts of Internet Usage onStudents’ Academic Performance(CGPA)
Awais, Bilal, M Usman, M Waqas, Sehrish
LUMS, LSE, NCA, PU, UET
– The purpose of this research is to explore the impact of internetusage on student’s academic performance so that universities will take effectivemeasures and invest in IT and encouraged students to use internet.
– Exploratory studies method is adopted for the entire research. Our research project is concerned with Field Study. Datawere collected from six universities students from which five are top rankedspecified university and one is general university with a questionnairemethodology. Correlation and regression techniques were used to find out thestrength and direction of the relationship.
– Internet is one of the beneficial tools in this era of IT world not onlyfor business but for academic point of view and enhances the skills andcapabilities of students which assist them in studies and in professional life.Student with high CGPA use more internet for their studies and gain more knowledge and informationacross the world.
– The self-reportcriteria are a limitation. Future research shouldemploy more objective measures of internet use.Also, antecedents of internet use might be exploredin other developing economies. We have chosenlimited universities and disciplines from a single cityLahore.
– To encourage internet usageintentions, it appears worthwhile to create in potentialusers a sense that the technology is useful, easy touse, and that others have expectations regarding itsusage.
Information Technology (IT), Internet,Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
Type of paper:
All authors are students of Masters in BusinessAdministration (MBA) at GIFTUniversity Gujranwala,Pakistan.
(Awais.email@example.com)Mr. Awais is specialist instatistics and accounting.
(firstname.lastname@example.org)Mr. Bilal is interested indiscoursing new things.
(email@example.com)Mr. Waqas has special interestin statistics and web browsing.
H. M. Usman:
firstname.lastname@example.orgH. M. Usman is
tobrings about new knowledgeand learns new skills
(email@example.com)Ms. Sehrish is found of researchwork.