You are on page 1of 1

Bonasera: I believe in America. America has made my fortune.

And I raised my daughter in the

merican fashion. I gave her freedom. But I taught her never to dishonour her family. She found a

yfriend, not an Italian. She went to the movies with him. She stayed out late. I didn’t protest. Two

onths ago he took her for a drive with another boyfriend. They made her drink whiskey, and then they

ed take advantage of her. She resisted, she kept her honour. So they beat her like an animal. When I

nt to the hospital, her nose was broken. Her jaw was shattered, held together by wire. She couldn’t

en weep, because of the pain. But I wept. Why did I weep? She was the light of my life. Beautiful girl.

w she will never be beautiful again. Sorry. I went to the police, like a good American. These two boys

re brought for trial. The judge sentenced them to three years in prison, but suspended the sentence.

spended the sentence! They went free that very day! I stood in the courtroom like a fool. Those two

stards, they smiled at me. Then I said to my wife, “For justice, we must go to Don Corleone.”

我相信美国。美国使我发了财。而我以美国方式教养我的女儿。我给她自由。但也告诉她永远不要
辱家门。她交了位男友但不是意大利人。她跟他去看电影,深夜才回家。我并没有责骂她。两个月前他
另一个男孩,带她去兜风。他们强灌她喝威士忌,然后他们想要占她便宜。她抵抗,她保住了名节。于
他们像对动物般的毒打她。当我到医院时,她的鼻梁断了,她的下马被打碎了,必须用钢丝绑着才不会
下来。她痛得不能哭。但我却哭了,我为什么哭呢?我视她如珠如宝。长得很美丽。现在她再也美丽不
来。不好意思。我…像个守法的美国人一样。那两个男孩受到了审判。法官判他们的有期徒刑三年,但
刑。缓刑!他们当天就没事了!我像个傻瓜似的站在法庭中。而那两个混蛋竟朝着我笑。于是我对我太
说,“为求公道,我们必须去找柯里昂阁下。 ”

Vito Corleone: Why did you go to the police? Why didn’t you come to first?

你去报警前为何不先来找我?

Bonasera: What do you want of me? Tell me anything, but do what I beg you to do.

你要我怎么样?你尽管吩咐,但求你一定要帮我这个忙。

Vito Corleone: What is that? 帮你什么忙?

Bonasera: I want them dead. 我要他们死。

Vito Corleone: That I cannot do. 那个我办不到。

Bonasera: I’ll give you anything you ask. 你要什么,我都会给你。

Vito Corleone: I’ve known you many years, but this is the first time you’ve asked me for help. I can’t
member the last time you invited me for a cup of coffee. Even though my wife is godmother to your only
ld. But let’s be frank here. You never wanted my friendship. And you were afraid to be in my debt.

我们相识多年,这是你第一次来找我帮忙。我记不起你上次是何时请我到你家去喝咖啡了。何况我
太还是你独生女的教母。我坦白说吧!你从来就不想要我的友谊。而且你怕欠我人情。

Bonasera: I didn’t want to get into trouble. 我不想卷入是非。

Vito Corleone: I understand. You found Paradise in America. Had a good trade, made a good living,
d police protection and there were courts of law. You didn’t need a friend like me. But now you come to
e and say, “Don Corleone, give me justice.” But you don’t ask with respect. You don’t offer friendship.
u even don’t think to call me Godfather. You come on my daughter’s wedding day and ask me to
urder for money.

我了解。你在美国发了财。生意做得很好,生活过得很好,有警察和法律保护你。你不需要我这种
友。但是…现在你来找我说:“柯里昂阁下,请帮我主持公道。”但你对我一点尊重也没有。你并不把我
朋友。你甚至不愿意喊我教父。你在我女儿结婚当天来我家,用钱收买我为你杀人。

Bonasera: I ask you for justice. 我只是要求你主持公道。

Vito Corleone: That is not justice. Your daughter is alive. 那不是公道,你女儿还活着。

Bonasera: Let them suffer, then, as she suffers. How much should I pay you?

那么让他们像她一样受折磨。我应该付你多少钱?

Vito Corleone: Bonasera, Bonasera. What I have done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If
u’d come in friendship, the scum ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if an
nest man like you should make enemies, they’d be my enemies. And then they wo uld fear you.

包纳萨拉,包纳萨拉。我到底做了什么让你这么不尊重我?如果你以朋友身份来找我,那么伤害你
儿的杂碎当天就会受到折磨。你这种诚实人的敌人也就是我的敌人。那么他们就会怕你。

Bonasera: Be my friend…Godfather. 当我的朋友?……教父。

Vito Corleone: Good. Some day, and that day may never come, I’ll ask a service of you. But until
at day…accept this justice as a gift on my daughter’s wedding day.

很好。他日我或需要你的帮忙,也可能不会有那么一天。但在那一天到来之前收下这份公道做为小
结婚之礼。

Bonasera: Grazie, Godfather. 谢谢,教父。

Vito Corleone: Prego. Give this to Clemenca. I want people that aren’t going to get carried away.
e are not murderers, in spite of what this undertaker says.

别客气。这件事交给…克里曼沙。我要用可靠的人,头脑清醒的人。我们不是谋杀犯,下手别太重,
然那个殡仪馆的人这样说。

Vito Corleone: Where’s Michael? 迈克在哪?

Santino Corleone: Don’t worry, he’ll be here. 别担心,他一会就来。

Vito Corleone: We’re not taking the picture withou t Michael. 没有迈克我们不照相。

Tom Hagen: What’s the matter? 什么事?

Santino Corleone: It’s Michael. 迈克的事。

Vito Corleone: Don Barzini. 你好,巴西尼阁下。你认得我儿子吧?

Peter Clemenza: Hey, Paulie! Let me have some wine. Paulie, More wine.

保利,让我喝点酒。保利,再来点酒。

Paulie: You look terrific on the floor! 你看起来棒极了!

Peter Clemenza: Are you a dance judge or something? Take a walk and do your job.

你是舞蹈裁判还是什么?闪开吧,到附近晃晃做你的工作。

Santino Corleone: Sandra, do me a favor, watch the kids. Don’t let them run wild.

仙杜拉,帮个忙,别让孩子乱跑,好吗?

Sandra: You watch yourself, all right? 你看好你自己,好吗?

Paulie: 20, 30 grand, in small bills, cash, in that little silk purse. If this were somebody else’s
dding…Sfortunato! (grand:1000 美元;1000 英镑)

两三万元小钞,全是现金。全在那个小丝袋里。如果是我的婚礼我就发财了 …

Hey, Paulie! 保利,接住吧!

Paulie: Stupid jerk! 你这个笨蛋!

What’s the matter? 怎么回事?

Tom Hagen: Have to go back to work. 我得回去工作了。

Tom. 汤姆。

Tom Hagen: Is part of the wedding. No Sicilian can refuse any request on his daughter’s wedding
y.

这是婚礼的一部分。没有西西里人在女儿结婚那天能拒绝任何的请求。

Luca Brasi: Don Corleone, I’m honoured and gratefully that you have invited me.

柯里昂阁下,能受邀到贵府深感荣幸。

Santino Corleone: Get out of here! It’s a private party. Go on! What is it? It’s my sister’s wedding.
oddamn FBI don’t respect nothing!

你们在干什么?滚!这是私人宴会,快滚!这算什么?这是我妹妹的婚礼。该死的联邦密探什么都
尊重。

Santino Corleone: Come here, come here, come here! 过来这!…

Nazorine: …but towards the end, he was paroled to help with the American war effort, so for six
onths he’s worked in my pastry shop.

但最后他获假释去为美国作战,过去六个月他在我的糕饼店做事。

Vito Corleone: Nazorine, my friend, what can I do for you?

纳色利,我的朋友,我能为你做些什么?

Nazorine: Now that war was over, this boy, Enzo, they want to repatriate him bask to Italy.
odfather, I have a daughter. You see, her and Enzo…

现在战争结束了,这男孩,安索,他们要把他遣返意大利。教父,我有个女儿,她和安索 …

Vito Corleone: You want Enzo to stay in this country, and your daughter to be married.

你要安索留在这个国家和你女儿成亲。

Nazorine: You understand everything. Mr. Hagan, thank you. Wait till you see the wedding cake I
ade for your daughter! The bride, the groom and the angel…

你什么都了解,谢谢。哈金先生,谢谢。待会看看我为你女儿做的结婚蛋糕!这么高 …还有一对新
和天使。

Tom Hagen: Who should I give this job to? 这件事我该交给谁去办?

Vito Corleone: Not to our precinct. Give to a Jew Congressman in another district. Who else is on
e list? 别给我们这个选区。给别地区的犹太籍议员。名单上还有谁?

Hey, Michael! 你好!迈克!

Tom Hagen: He’s not on the list, but Luca Brasi wants to see you.

路卡布拉西不在名单上,但他想要见你。

Vito Corleone: Is this necessary? 这个…有这个必要吗?

Tom Hagen: He didn’t respect to be invited to the wedding, so he wanted to thank you.

他没料到会受邀参加婚礼,所以要向你致谢。

Luca Brasi: Don corleone, I’m honoured and gratefully that you have invited me, on the wedding
y of your daughter. May their first child be a masculine child.

柯里昂阁下,在令媛婚礼这天能受邀到贵府深感荣幸。希望他们早生贵子。

Kay Adams: Michael…That man over here is talking to himself. See that sca ry guy over there.

迈克!那个人在自言自语。看到那边那个吓人的家伙了吗?

Michael Corleone: He’s a very scary guy. 他很叫人害怕。

Kay Adams: Who is he? What’s his name? 他是谁?叫什么名字?

Michael Corleone: His name is Luca Brasi. He helps my father out sometimes.

他叫路卡布拉西,有时候替家父办事。

Kay Adams: Michael, wait a minute, he’s coming over there! 迈克!等一下,他过来了!

Michael Corleone: Tom! 汤姆!

Tom Hagen: You look terrific. 你气色好极了!

Michael Corleone: My brother Tom Hagen. Miss Kay Adams.

我家兄汤姆哈金,这是凯亚当斯。

Tom Hagen: Your father’s been asking for you. Very ni ce to meet you. 你父亲要见你。幸会!

Kay Adams: Nice to meet you! If he is your brother, why does your brother have a different name?
会。若他是你哥,为何不同姓?

Michael Corleone: My brother Sonny found Tom Hagen in the street. He had no home, so my
her took him in. He’s been with us ever since. He’s a good lawyer. Not a Sicilian. I think he’s going to
consigliere.

家兄山尼发现汤姆在街上,无家可归。所以家父收养了他。从此他就和我们住在一起了。他是个好
师。不是西西里人,但我想他会当军师。

Kay Adams: What’s that? 那是什么?

Michael Corleone: That’s a…like a counsellor, an advisor, very important for the family. You like
ur lasagne? 那是…像是个律师,一个顾问。在家庭中的地位非常重要。你的扁形通心面还好吧?

Luca Brasi: Don Corleone. I’m honoured and gratefully that you have invited me to your daughter’s
dding. On the day of your daughter’s wedding. And I hope that their first child will be a masculine child.
ledge my ever-ending loyalty. For your daughter’s bridal purse.

柯里昂阁下。在令媛的婚礼受到邀请深感荣幸与感激。在令媛结婚的当天。我希望他们早生贵子。
发誓要忠心到底。这是我一点小小的心意。祝福他们的俩白头偕老。

Vito Corleone: Thank you, Luca. Most valued friend. 谢谢你,路卡。我最珍贵的朋友。

Luca Brasi: Don Corleone, I’m going to leave you now, because I know you’re too busy.

柯里昂阁下,我晓得你忙,我先告退了。

Vito Corleone: Thank you. 谢谢。

Signora Corleone! 柯里昂夫人!

Signora Corleone: No! 不!

Tom Hagen: Senator Cauley apologized for not coming, but said you’d u nderstand. Also some of
e judges. They’ve all sent gifts.

科利参议员对不能亲自来致歉,他说你会谅解的。还有一些法官也一样。他们都送了礼物。

Vito Corleone: What is that outside? 外面是怎么回事?

Connie Corleone: Johnny! Johnny! I love you! 强尼!…我爱你!

Vito Corleone: He came all the way from California. I told you he’d come!

他大老远由加州赶来参加婚礼。我告诉过你他会来的!

Tom Hagen: He’s probably in trouble again. 已经两年了,他也许又有麻烦。

Vito Corleone: He’s a good godson. 他是个好教子。

Signora Corleone: Johnny, Johnny! Sing a song! 强尼!…唱首歌。

Kay Adams: Michael! You never said you knew Johnny Fontane!

迈克!你从来没告诉我你认得强尼方亭。

Michael Corleone: Sure. You want to meet him? 当然认识,你想见他吗?

Kay Adams: Great! Sure. 太好了!当然。

Michael Corleone: My father helped him with his career. 家父帮他建立他的事业。

Kay Adams: He did? How? 真的?怎么做的?

Michael Corleone: Let’s listen to this song. 我们先听这首歌。

Kay Adams: No, Michael… 不,迈克。

Kay Adams: Please, Michael. Tell me. 拜托,迈克!告诉我。

Michael Corleone: When Johnny was starting out, he was signed to a personal service contract
h a big bandleader. And as his career got better and better, he wanted to get out of it. Johnny is my
her’s godson. My father went to see this bandleader. He offered him 10,000 dollars to let Johnny go,
t the bandleader said no. So the next day my father went to see him, but this time with Luca Brasi.
thin an hour, he signed a release for a certified cheque of 1,000 dollars.

强尼刚出道时和一个私人乐队领班签了服务合同。当他走红后,想要解除合同。强尼是家父的教子。
是家父去见乐队负责人。而且出一万元要他与强尼解约。他说不行!第二天家父再去见他,只是这次带
路卡布拉西。一个小时之内,他签了你好约书,只收了一千元的支票。

Kay Adams: How did he do that? 他是怎么办到的?

Michael Corleone: Made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. 家父提了个他不能拒绝的条件。

Kay Adams: What was that? 那是什么?

Michael Corleone: Luca Brasi held a gun to his head. And my father said that either his brains or
signature would be on the contract. That a true story. That’s my family, Kay. It’s not me.

路卡布拉用枪顶着他的头,他要是不签字脑袋就会开花。这是真实的故事。凯,那是我的家庭,不
我。

Beautiful!

Vito Corleone: I’ll take care of it. Tom… I want you to find Santino. Tell him to come to the office. 我
处理的。汤姆…叫山姆来我的办公室。

Michael Corleone: How are you, Fredo? My brother Fredo, this is Kay Adams.

你好吗?弗雷多。家兄弗雷多。这位是凯亚当斯。

Kay Adams: Hi. 你好。

Freddy Corleone: How are you doing? This is my brother Mike. 你好吗?这是舍弟迈克。

Michael Corleone: Are you having a good time? 玩的愉快?

Freddy Corleone: Yeah. This is your friend? 这是你的朋友?

- …

You might also like