This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Initial Database contains all information about the family client. It includes the Family Structure And Characteristics, Socio-Economic And Cultural Factors, Environmental Factors, Health Assessment Of Each Member and Value Placed On Prevention Of Disease. With the observance of the principle of confidentiality, the group decided to hide the family for in the pseudonym of: father as Mr. J, mother as Mrs. L, and their two children, J1 as the eldest and J2 as the youngest. A. FAMILY STRUCTURE AND CHARACTERISTICS 1. Members of the Household and Relationship to the Head of the Family Family Members Mr. J Mrs. L Child J1 Child J2 Age 29 y.o. 24 y.o. 3 y.o. 4 mos Sex M F M M Position Father Mother Eldest Child Youngest Child Birthday Sept. 24, 1978 Jan. 27, 1984 April 6, 2005 April 2, 2008 Civil Status Married Married Single Single
2. Place and Residence of Each Member S: “Taga dinhi gyud akong bana, ang iyang mga ginikanan taga dinhi sab. Pagminyo namo sa akong bana, dinhi na dayon ko nipuyo. Diri napud nako gipanganak akong duha ka anak.” As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: Mr. J and his family are residing in the same house in Purok 6 of Barangay Banza, Butuan City. Their house is just a walking distance from the entry of the boundary of the purok. 3. Type of Family Structure S: “Kami ra ang nagpuyo diri sa balay. Diha sa pikas balay, sa among tapad nagpuyo ang ginikanan sa akong bana.” as verbalized by Mrs. L. O: Their family is a nuclear type because they are composed of a father and a mother with two children. They do not live together with their parents in one house. 4. Dominant Family Members in Terms of Decision Making Pertaining to Health Status S: “Kami man gyud duha sa akong bana ang magdesisyon kung unsa man gani angay para sa among pamilya. Kung unsa man gani iya plano sa amoa nga
tan-aw pud nako ensakto, musugot ra man pud ko. Kung unsa pud akoang desisyon, mao ra man pud iyaha.” as verbalized by Mrs. L. O: The couple usually decides for themselves and for the family. 5. General Family Relationship S: “Dili man hinuon mi awayon sa akong bana, pero usahay, natural raman gyud nang magkalalis ang magtiayon. Pero dali raman pud nuon mawala, kanang mataod-taoran. Kung kining akong mga anak, si J1, pirmi ra siya usa magdula kay gamay pa man gud iyang manghud.” as verbalized by Mrs. L. O: During one of the visits, the couple exhibited good approaches to each other as manifested by low tone of voices. Mrs. L when talking to the family members is of mellow voice as well as Mr. J. The children also talks the same as their parents. B. SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND CULTURAL FACTORS 1. Income and Expenses S: “Ang akong bana ra man ang nangita sa amoa. Nagtrabaho siya sa ‘X’ bakeshop. Messenger ra intawn ang trabaho niya didto. Kulang ra gyud tawon sa amoa iyang suweldo. Sayo sa buntag mulakaw nana siya, unya pagka ala-sais sa gabii na muuli. Usahay, magabi-an nana siya. Hinuon, pag domingo, day-off niya.” as verbalized by Mrs. L. O: Mr. J is the breadwinner of the family. He works 6 times a week, and 12 hours a day. A. Adequacy to meet Basic Needs S: “Wala man mi extra income gawas sa trabaho sa akong bana, kay dili man gyud pud ko kalugar kay magbantay ko sa mga bata. Mga bata pa man gud, dili gyud mabiyaan. Mao ang amoang saligan ang suweldo ra gyud sa akong bana.” as verbalized by Mrs. L. O: The husband is the only one who works for the family. He is the one responsible for the expenses in their house, as well as the expenses of his parents who resides beside them which includes the electricity and water.
B. Breakdown of the expenses: EXPENSES Rice Vegetables Fish Meat Others: • • • • • • • • • • • • Cooking Ingredients Coffee Php 50.00 x 4 wks 4 packs x Php 2.50 x 4 wks ½ kg x 4 wks Sugar Toothpaste 1 sachet x 6 x 4 2wks 1 pc x 4 wks x Php 20.00 2 sachet x 4 wks x Php 5.00 Shampoo 2 cuts x 4 wks x Php 6.00 Laundry Soap 3 packs x 4 wks x Php 8.00 Noodles 1 x Php 350.00 x 4 wks Milk (Nestogen) Php 9.00 x 2 = 18 x 6 days Fare to Work Php 500.00 a month Electric Bill Cellphone Load Php 60.00 per mo. 108 x 4 wks Php 500.00 a month Php 60.00 Php 432.00 Php 1,400.00 Php 96.00 Php 48.00 Php 40.00 Php 80.00 2 x Php 28.00 Php 56.00 Php 24.00 Php 200.00 Php 40.00 7 kg x 4 wks 3 kg x 4 wks 2 kg x 4 wks ¼ kg x 4 wks Php 28 x 25.00 Php 12 x 20.00 Php 8 x 60.00 Php 1 x 130.00 Php 700.00 Php 240.00 Php 480.00 Php 130.00
TOTAL Php 4,526.00 EXPENSES 3, 840.00
Debts Php 686.00
C. Who makes decisions about money spending S: “Inig suweldo sa akong bana kay ihatag man niya sa akoa ang budget kay ako ra man mamalit ug kinahanglanon diri sa balay, labi na sa pagkaon. Naa pod usahay inig suweldo niya, mamalit na siya daan ug bugas, sud-an ug uban pang gikinahanglan namo.” as verbalized by Mrs. L. O: Most of the time, Mrs. L is the one handling the money for budgeting. 2. Educational attainment of each family member Name Mr. J Mrs. L Child J1 Child J2 Educational Attainment nd 2 year high school High School Graduate N/A N/A Year School Last Attended Banza Nat’l High School 2001 N/A N/A Butuan City School of Arts & Trade N/A N/A
3. Ethnic Background and Religious Affiliation S: “Akong bana, Butuanon sila sa iyang ginikanan nya ako kay ambot, dinhia naman pod ko gipanganak sa Butuan. Ang akoang relihiyon kay Born Again Christian, ug akong bana kay Katoliko. Pero gikasala mi duha sa Born Again. Wala ko nagpa convert ug Catholic ug wala pud nagpa convert akong bana sa pagka Born Again.” as verbalized by Mrs. L. O: Mrs. L doesn’t know her ethnicity background that much. Although Mrs. L is a Born Again Christian, there are statues and signs of Catholicism in their home as influenced by the parents of her husband. 4. Relationship of the Family to the Community S: “Maayo man ang relasyon namo sa amoang mga silingan kay gamay raman pud mi dinhi. Unya ang amo pod silingan kasagaran mga paryente ra man. Sa pikas balay akong ugangan nagpuyo. Kung naa mga kalihukan diria sa among purok, usahay makaapil man ko. Pero usahay dili na ko maudto kay walay makabantay sa mga bata.” as verbalized by Mrs. L. O: The couple has a good relationship with their neighborhood. Sometimes, their neighbors share food when there is available.
C. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
1. Housing a. Adequacy of Living Space S: “Unsa man tan-aw ninyo sa amoang balay? Mao ra man gyud ni amo makaya na mahimo kay kapos man pud mi sa kwarta. Ang importante nay katulgan ug kapuy-an.” as verbalized by Mrs. L. O: The house is made up of wood. The roof is made up of nipa. The floor is made of woods as well as the walls and the veranda. There is only one room available for the family. Their living room is as big as their bedroom. b. Sleeping Arrangement S: “Sakto ra gyud sa amoang upat ang among kwarto. Ipatunga gyud namo ang mga bata. Kaming duha sa akoang bana sa isig kilid sa mga bata. Naa mi duha ka banig, 8 ka unlan ug 2 ka mosquitiro ug 4 ka habol.” as verbalized by Mrs. L. O: The family has only one room. During one of the visits conducted by our group, Mrs. L showed us their bedroom and pointed out their position during sleeping. c. Adequacy of Furniture S: “Sa inyo gyung matan-awan, wala gyud kayo miy gamit. Dili man gyud mi makadali-dali ug palit anang mga butanga kay mas iprioridad gyud namo ng mga importante sama sa pagkaon ug gatas.” As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: The family has only one table and two chairs. They have a cabinet in their living room. They have three chairs in their veranda. d. Presence of Insects and Rodents S: “Nah! Daghan gyud diria ng mga langaw, ok-ok, ug ilaga. Naa ganiy pukyutan nagpuyo sa among atop, daghan kayo. Pero naanad naman pud mi. pasagdan nalang namo.” As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: The presence of flies and bees are evident in their house. During one of the group visits, they prepared food for their lunch; they left the food unattended to entertain us which were fled on by flies. e. Food Storage and Cooking Facilities S: “Pasensya kayo mo ha. Gubot kaayo nang among kusina. Wala raba nay hugas among mga kinan-an dinha kay gi-una pa naku ang paglaba.” As verbalized by Mrs. L
O: During one of our home visits done by our group, while they prepare their food for lunch they just leave their food unattended exposed to the flies. The family kitchen has unwashed plates, unorganized placements of utensils, their kitchen utensils are expose to insects and rodents. Their cooked food are being place on the table covered by a basin, which they also used for washing of dishes. Water Supply S: “Ang amoang tubig diria kay hinlo man pud. Naa man miy atabay sa likod sa balay.” As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: The deep well has no cover; it is prone to injuries and accidents. The water source has not yet been inspected by a sanitary inspector. f. Toilet Facilities S: “Wala man miy kaugalingon na kasilyas. Makigamit rami sa kasilyas sa akong ugangan dinha sa luyo. Wala pa man gyud miy kwarta ikapahimo.” As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: Their type of toilet is “Buhos” or Water Sealed. It’s approximately 2 meters from their house. However, their toilet has not been inspected by a sanitary inspector yet. g. Garbage & Refuse Disposal S: “Ginasunog ra man namo among basura. Kapoyan naman gud mi mag kalot ug yuta ug maglubong ug basura. Ginatapok ra namo sa kilid among basura dayon ginasunog na namo.” As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: There are residues of burnt garbage beside their fence. As seen, Mrs. L throws their garbage to where they burn them. h. Drainage System S: “Diritso raman na sa yuta nang tubig gikan sa among banggera.”as verbalized by Mrs. L. O: Their sink has no definite drainage. Whenever they are finished using the water, they just throw it immediately or let it flow to the ground.
2. Kind of Neighborhood
S: “Okay ra man pud ning akong mga silingan. Dili man pud manghilabot. Usahay, nay mga silingan nako na dili magkasinabtanay mao magkabikil, pero mawala ra man pud.” As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: Their neighborhood has a peaceful atmosphere. 3. Social and Health Facilities Available S: ”Layo ra man ang health center diria sa amo. Tua ra gyud to sa sentro. Ang Basketball court sad diri, layo pud. Kapoyan sad lagi ko mag-adto didto tungod sa kalayo.” As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: The health center is approximately 3 kilometers from their house and the Barangay Hall likewise. There is a videoke booth from their house which is of walking distance. 4. Communication and Transportation Facilities S: “Naa may cellphone akong bana. Wala tawon miy telephone diri. Ambot sa among mga silingan.” “Ang among sakyan padung sa sentro gikan diri ay tricycle. Naa man puy musulod. Pero usahay, maglakaw nalang mi padung sa crossing para makasakay lang. Lisod kaau kung mag ulan kay lapok ang dalan.” O: Tricycles and other vehicles of transportation is seldom seen in the purok. The road is merely muddy during wet days. D. HEALTH ASSESSMENT OF EACH MEMBER OF THE FAMILY 1. Medical and Nursing History of the Past Significant Illnesses, Beliefs and other Practices Conducive to Illness. S: ”Sa among pamilya, wala may mga sakit. Kung magkasakit man, mga kumon ra kaayo sama sa ubo, sip-on ug hilanat. Mamalit ra man mi ug tambal sa botika kung aduna miy pangbation sa lawas.” As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: They don’t use herbal medicines as they do not adhere to using them. They are used to take commercialized drugs. They don’t have herbal plants planted in their backyard. We have observed that Child J2 has colds, but Mrs. L. doesn’t give Child J2 with medicines. 2. Whom to approach at times of illness S: “Muadto mi una sa Health Center kung dili na jud matabang ang sakit.” As verbalized by Mrs. L.
O: They don’t believe in quack doctors. They seek immediate attention to health centers as they were told to do during health visits. E. NUTRITIONAL ASSESSMENT 1. Anthropometric Data Name Mr. J Mrs. L Child J1 Child J2 Age 29 y.o 24 y.o 3 y.o 4 mos. Height 1.7 m 1.5 m 0.9 m 0.55 m Weight 54 kg 49 kg 8.6 kg 2.05 kg BMI 29.07 21.78 10.4 6.78 Normal Interpretation
11.4 - 18.3 7.0 – 8.5
To calculate the BMI: 1. Measure the person’s height in meters 2. Measure the weight in Kilogram 3. Calculate the BMI using the following: BMI = Weight in Kg (Height in cm)² 2. Dietary History S: “Gulay man pirmi among ginakaon. Mahal naman gud ang mga panaliton karon. Kung unsay naa, mao ray kan-on namo.” As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: Mrs. L imposes the practice of eating vegetables to her children. From the group’s observation, upon entering their kitchen, we have seen a number of instant noodles and canned goods. Mrs. L doesn’t allow her children to consume junk foods. 3. Eating/Feeding Habits S:” Katulo man mi mukaon kada adlaw.” As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: They eat on time as manifested by eating of lunch meals at exactly 12:00NN. Mrs. L eats with her children together as Mr. J is at work. They don’t practice hand washing before eating meals. The older child, J1 has untrimmed nails. 4. Current Health Status Indicating the Presence of Illness S: “Wala man mi mga sakit karon. Okay ra man among mga kalawasan.” As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: In our observation, Child J2 has a cold. But the mother is not paying any attention to relieve the colds of her son. E. VALUE PLACED ON PREVENTION OF DISEASE
1. Immunization Status of the Children S: “Si J1 dili kumpleto ang iyang bakuna kay wala man gud mi nakabalik sa petsa na dapat pabalikon mi. Pero akoang kamanghuran (J2) kumpleto iyang bakuna.” O: Child J1 has not completed his immunization; he missed DPT and Hepa B vaccines. While Child J2 has completed his immunization for his age; he had the following vaccines: o BCG I – June 25, 2008 o Hepa B I – April 8, 2008 II – June 11, 2008 III – July 28, 2008
o DPT I – June 18, 2008 II – July 30, 2008
o OPV I – June 18, 2008 II – July 30, 2008
2. Use of Proper Preventive Services. S: “Pirmi ko maghinlo sa among palibot og sa among balay”. As verbalized by Mrs. L. O: Mrs. A regularly cleans their surroundings and house. As we enter their kitchen, we have observed the dishes that have been left in the sink. The leftover foods are covered with a basin that they use in dish washing. They don’t practice handwashing before and after every meal. They don’t use slippers inside their house. They use mosquito nets to prevent mosquito bites during sleeping. Sharp objects & utensils are located anywhere and within reach of the child. They usually burn their garbage.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.