Professional Documents
Culture Documents
荒原 (中英文) - - T (1) S Eliot
荒原 (中英文) - - T (1) S Eliot
What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow 这是什么根在抓着,是什么树杈
Out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, 从这片乱石里长出来?人子呵,
You canot say, or guess, for you know only 你说不出,也猜不着,因为你只知道
A heap of broken images, where the sun beats, 一堆破碎的形象,受着太阳拍击,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, 而枯树没有阴凉,蟋蟀不使人轻松,
And the dry stone no sound of water. Only 干石头发不出流水的声音。只有
There is shadow under this red rock, 一片阴影在这红色的岩石下,
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock), (来吧,请走进这红岩石下的阴影)
And I will show you something different from either 我要指给你一件事,它不同于
Your shadow at evening rising to meet you; 你早晨的影子,跟在你后面走
I will show you fear in a handfull of dust. 也不象你黄昏的影子,起来迎你,
Frish weht der Wind 我要指给你恐惧是在一撮尘土里。
Der Heimat zu 风儿吹得清爽,吹向我的家乡,
Mein Irisch Kind, 我的爱尔兰孩子,
Wo weilest du? 如今你在何方?
'You gave me hyacinths first a year ago; “一年前你初次给了我风信子,
They called me the hyacinth girl.' 他们都叫我风信子女郎。”
--Yet when we came back, late, from the hyacinth garden, ——可是当我们从风信子花园走回,天晚了,
Your arms full and your hair wet, I could not 你的两臂抱满,你的头发是湿的,
Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither 我说不出话来,两眼看不见,我
Living nor dead, and I knew nothing, 不生也不死,什么也不知道,
Looking into the heart of light, the silence. 看进光的中心,那一片沉寂。
Oed'und leer das Meer. 荒凉而空虚是那大海。
'My nerves are bad t-night. Yes, bad. Stay with me. “我今晚情绪不好。呵,很坏。陪着我。
'Speak to me. Why do you never speak? Speak. 跟我说话吧。怎么不说呢?说呵。
'What are you thinking of? What thinking? What? 你在想什么?什么呀?
'I never know what you are thinking. Think.' 我从不知你想着什么。想。”
burning 烧呵